Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ponder More Planting


3/27/2009 – On Friday evening I did some more planting in the part of the garden that is sort of shaped like the state of Florida. One cabbage at the tip with rows of carrots spreading north followed by plantings of kale, collards, ruby red beets and romaine lettuce. I also inter planted a Persian herb that tastes kind of like water crest between the potato plants and near the squash.

Spacing things out in a more visually appealing manner so that it looks landscaped rather than strait rows seems to take more space than I had originally thought. I have a feeling that next year’s landscape garden is already going to be better as I start to see how things come together. One editable beauty that I am certain that will be a recurring favorite is chard, Swiss and rainbow. The deep red, vibrant orange, bright pink and stunning yellow stems contrasted with dark (and mouth watering) green are a must for my flower beds from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment